Saturday, May 19, 2012

Family Style Dining

This next review is for the Royal Grill, located on 9 mile & Coolidge in Oak Park, Michigan. I was running errands (I'm forever doing this) in this area and just happened to notice a couple of restaurants near by, so I decided to try this eatery. When I walked in, I was alittle surprised that there weren't more customers inside, but I did
get there just before 1pm on a Sunday. People are usually still in church around this time. One of the waittresses helped me right away, she was very pleasant and easy to talk to as well, which are very important qualities while working in the service industry. I didn't have time to dine in for this visit as well, so I quickly made the choice to order something for carry out. The restaurant is a good size where even if the dining area was full to capacity, you wouldn't fill crowded sitting at your table or walking to the restroom. I wanted to order a burger, but it turned out I didn't have time to wait for it to cook, so I decided to order something quick, which was their chili special with cheese (I love cheese). The chili looked so appetising, that I had to try alittle before I got home. I didn't want to spoil my appetite, because later on, I was preparing a new casserole for my mother and I wanted to have plenty of room for dinner. The chili had flavor. It was not overly seasoned and it had the perfect amount of cheese. It was topped with onions and I loved the slight crunch I got when chewing them. I'm very picky about my chili and I was not disappointed. It didn't have that "WOW" factor that I look for, but I would order this special again, because like I mentioned earlier, it did have flavor. If you go to this restaurant and order this chili special, I would be interested in your thoughts. I found this restaurant to be very cozy and I look forward to trying other items on the menu. Overall, I would give this restaurant a "B" grade because of the friendly staff, tasty chili and home like feeling I got when visiting this establishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello To All, Thanks For Supporting This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hello shoppers. This is Kim, independent blogger. I'll be sampling food and checking where to find the best deals from discounted to FREE product and services from all over Michigan and beyond. A little about myself. I attended WCCC in which I studied culinary arts. I learned alot about food preparation and desserts, it was a very fun time. I also attended Specs Howard, school of Media, where I studied "video production" I currently write on my blog about my experiences from different restaurants and shops, whether it's online or offline. Food and shopping are my joyful passions.