Sunday, May 13, 2012

Blimpie

This Blimpie shop, located on Gratiot just slightly north of 15 mile road in Clinton Township, Michigan is small and inviting, the employees are attentive. I visited this shop a couple of times. The first time (virgin lol), I ordered their philly cheese steak sub, it was full of flavor and moist. Based on this sub, I would say Subway has some competition. The second time I visited this Blimpie, I ordered their soup and salad combo, very reasonably priced for $4.29, before tax. I ordered the broccoli cheese soup for my combo. The soup was excellent, but be careful when you remove the lid. Let's just say the soup was definately hot. Some of the soup spilled on my hand and there was a burning sensation for a couple of minutes. I believed that this was just a freak accident, it could have happened at any restaurant. The salad was bland, there was no "WOW" factor. I ate all of the soup and some of the salad at the restaurant and took the rest of the salad home. When I got home, I added a diced egg and bacon bits, I was then quite pleased with the salad afterwards. If you order a regular salad, make sure you have the employee add more than onions, to give it more flavor. In my opinion, you shouldn't have to add your own ingredients from home to make a restaurant salad more appealing to your taste buds. My overall grade for this Blimbie location's visit is a "C" grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello To All, Thanks For Supporting This Blog

About Me

My photo
Hello shoppers. This is Kim, independent blogger. I'll be sampling food and checking where to find the best deals from discounted to FREE product and services from all over Michigan and beyond. A little about myself. I attended WCCC in which I studied culinary arts. I learned alot about food preparation and desserts, it was a very fun time. I also attended Specs Howard, school of Media, where I studied "video production" I currently write on my blog about my experiences from different restaurants and shops, whether it's online or offline. Food and shopping are my joyful passions.